COVID-19 is causing Finance, IT Operations and Procurement to act now for survival, rather than long-term growth. If you run Jira / Atlassian, you may be asking...
Set up time for free, informed advice on your strategy.
We all need options these days, discover yours...
Acceptable waste isn’t acceptable anymore. You need the best ROI for your investment in Atlassian tools.
9 OPTIONS FOR
1) Reduce un-used and unnecessary Add-ons: Find out if they're essential
2) Take advantage of Atlassian's Free Jira Tier for small teams, where possible
3) Maximize Jira's native capabilities to reduce reliance on unnecessary add-ons
4) Review / manage license counts
5) Shift service/supporting team licenses from Jira to Jira Service Desk (to reduce per-user cost)
6) Periodic Reviews: Run product roadmap meetings w/ experts who know how to scale / drive team adoption the right way
7) See where Atlassian tools can replace more expensive boundary applications (ex. replacing Asana, Sharepoint, TFS, BMC Remedy)
8) Flexible, 3rd-party tool administration
9) If on Server, re-visit hosting in Atlassian Cloud with an expert
8 OPTIONS FOR
Survival mode doesn't mean slash & burn. Prepare your stakeholders to thrive in the long term, with the right short term decisions.
1) Assess all Atlassian hosting possibilities. Know the cost advantages to moving from Server to Cloud / Data Center. Account for total carrying costs
2) Audit / Review License Counts on Atlassian core products
3) Maximize Jira's native functionalities to reduce reliance on unnecessary add-ons. Several problems may be solved w/ simple configuration fixes
4) Assess what Atlassian tools can replace expensive boundary applications (ex. Jira Service Desk replacing BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, Freshdesk, Cherwell)
5) As more teams are required to service requests, consolidate around Jira Service Desk to maximize collaboration at a lower per-user cost
6) Periodic Reviews on how to scale / drive adoption the right way. Scale/adopt the right way without re-work
7) Consider third-party Atlassian tool administration w/ flexible costing
8) Consider Atlassian Access for centralizing user management
FINANCE / PROCUREMENT
1) Switch from month-to-month to annual billing (ex. 100-user tier of Jira Software Annual billing is ~17% cheaper the same on Monthly billing.)
2) Reduce Add-on waste: Your stakeholders may not be using all of the add-ons you're paying for.
3) Audit / review license counts on Atlassian core products. Logs can show who hasn't used the tool in the last 6 months.
4) See if Atlassian's Free Jira Tier is an option for small teams, where possible
5) Consider talking to IT about Atlassian Cloud hosting, if on Server. Know all baked in costs with hosting
6) Consider third party Atlassian tool administration w/ flexible costing
NOTE FOR DECISION-MAKERS:
If intending to downgrade your Jira tier, and your current instance is priced on pre-Oct 2019 pricing, your downgrade may not be the best course of action. Contact for help.
6 OPTIONS FOR
Need more help? Explore our Services in more detail...
2150 N First Street, Office 452
San Jose, CA 95131
501 Union Street, Office 428
Nashville, TN 37219
303C, NSIC Business Park, ECIL, Hyderabad - 500062
Phone: 040 - 48536830
Help is on the way...