Atlassian Toolsuite Admin
Trundl is an IT services company focusing on empowering development and business teams with Atlassian Solutions. We have a solid track record of clients such as Dropbox, Nissan, Medtronic, Sony, and UNICEF. We are excited to be an industry leader in Atlassian solutions for both enterprises and startups alike.
This position is of Atlassian toolsuite admin and solution engineer within Trundl’s Atlassian Engineering department, you will have the opportunity to develop, configure, and maintain Atlassian toolsuite specific to customer business needs.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience in configuring workflows, assessing business needs, and recommend suitable solutions to medium to large scale Atlassian deployment.
Working in this role will involve a lot of teamwork, and coordination with multiple stakeholders.
Your broad responsibilities will include – owning the Atlassian toolsuite ecosystem and providing solutions for various variants of Atlassian tools (Server, Cloud & Data center).
Research, assess, recommend the right solutions all the way to the deployment of these solutions. This requires good expertise in Atlassian’s technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications are configured for optimal use.
- Atlassian Platform administration
- Configure, maintain and upgrade Atlassian toolsuite
- Responsible for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management tool
- Support, compile and troubleshoot Atlassian tools
- Install, Upgrade Atlassian products on in-house variants. (Data center experience is a plus)
- Design and setup configure and establish the implementation of best practices in BiTbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Adequate knowledge and process-oriented approach to evaluating business needs, researching, testing, and recommending the right plugin/add-on.
- Plan, evaluate, deploy, operate and maintain tools to suit the expanding user-base
- Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use Atlassian tools, on a need basis.
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Ability to evaluate, recommend and suggest 3rd party plugins to users on each platform.
- Deliver enhancements to the platforms as defined by users and leadership.
- Engage with users of all levels to demonstrate and train how to use “out of the box” system features and plugins.
Essential Skills to succeed in this role
- 4 years+ experience in administration of Tools such as Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, and Confluence, which include, software installation, upgrades, services start/stop, basic troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience in developing custom extensions on add-ons like Adaptavist ScriptRunner, JMWE or JWR
- 2 years+ experience in working with Linux or similar system administration
- Nice to have experience in working with monitoring tools (e.g. Appdynamics, Nagios)
- Good knowledge of agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Self-starter with proven ability to produce end results with minimal assistance
Good to have
- Cloud Foundry / Cloud services
- Excellent analytical skills, especially pertaining to data analysis
- 1-2 years experience in any programming language (java/ python)
- 2 years+ experience in any scripting language (bash/python)
- Masters degree or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science engineering or equivalent