The AWS Cloud Engineer is a hands-on engineering and implementation role leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies across the client program. The candidate works within a Hybrid Cloud to effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings.
The AWS Cloud Engineer provides cloud solutions support, solution design, and implementation with an emphasis on leveraging AWS services and best practices. Also, conducts peer reviews, evaluates implementations, and provides feedback for continuous process improvements and mentors peers.
- 40%: Design and implement AWS cloud solutions with emphasis on adapting AWS services to our customers’ needs.
- 40%: Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Cloud infrastructure.
- 10%: Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities, and analyze findings to provide appropriate Cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy.
- 10%: Provides mentoring to aid in the development and growth of team members.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-7 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related area of study.
- Type of credentials/licenses: AWS industry certifications
- Extensive hands-on AWS infrastructure experience.
- Strong abilities with designing and implementing IAM policies.
- Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM, etc.
- Strong understanding of Linux system administration and network administration concepts.
- Automation experience with AWS automation services.
- Experience with cloud-based development and deployment.
- Experience in configuring and tuning of virtual private Clouds.
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies.
- Transport Layer Security/SSL principles and management.
- Experience with networking principles/technologies (DNS, load balancers, reverse proxies).
- Practical experience in sizing hardware and storage needs.
- Must have hands-on experience in utilizing the monitoring tools to enable teams to identify issues with infrastructure to support uptime.
- Document best practices being followed and enable teams across the board adopt the same.
Trundl is a Platinum Enterprise Atlassian Solution Partner with offices in the US, Canada, and India. Atlassian Partners provide strategic consulting and hands-on support to Atlassian’s 280,000+ worldwide customers.