Trundl is an enterprise platinum partner focusing on empowering development and business teams with Atlassian Solutions. We have a solid track record of clients such as Nutanix, Dropbox, Nissan, Medtronic, and Sony. We are excited to be an industry leader in Atlassian solutions for both enterprises and startups alike.
We are looking for a hands-on and inclusive leader who can lead & build a world class engineering team. This position is for the Director of Engineering within Trundl’s Engineering team in India. You will have the opportunity to lead the engineering team to deliver a world-class dev tool collaboration ecosystem and also contribute to developing exciting new products that fit within Trundl’s product strategy. Working in this role will involve a lot of teamwork, and coordination with multiple stakeholders. The ability to handle complex relationships and work in a team environment is a key requirement.
Your broad responsibilities will include – owning the technical and commercial aspects of ongoing engagements, ensuring the ultimate success of projects, and developing deep expertise in Atlassian’s technologies as well as broad know-how around how solutions are developed using the Atlassian suite.
- Lead the strategy for developing Productivity Solutions using Atlassian or other technology applications
- Develop processes and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint
- Understand and integrate with Enterprise Services and Solutions
- Develop and implement engineering strategies meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future software development
- Suggest improvements to processes and methodologies to speed up delivery
- Build a culture of weekly shipments, data-driven decisions, automation, documentation, and continuous feedback
- Build a scalable architecture that promotes speed, creativity, and experimentation across the board
- Work with cross-functional leaders to craft a compelling vision and set quarterly goals to achieve them
- Be accountable for ensuring that the team delivers on their commitments
- 15+ years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 5+ years as an engineering leader in a software product company.
- A degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Computer Science / IT
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Hands-on technical leadership with proven ability to recruit high performance talent
- High technical credibility – ability to audit technical decisions and push for the best solution to a problem
- Experience building and supporting B2B Applications
- Experience with Dev tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GIT/Bitbucke, CI/CD tools ( Jenkins & Bamboo), either as a power user or tools owner
- Sound knowledge of API usage, development & testing lifecycle
- Experience in UI technologies such as Angular, React.js, Node.js or Fullstack environment will be preferred
- Experience with SQL technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge in System and security (InfoSec) would be a plus but not a requirement
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- SAAS cloud-based platform exposure
- Experience in Utilizing public cloud footprints & Docker, Kubernetes etc
- A track record of setting and achieving high standards
- Strong understanding of modern technology architecture
- Key Programming Skills: Java, J2EE with cutting edge technologies
- Excellent team-building, mentoring and coaching skills are a must-have