We are looking for a hands-on and inclusive leader who can lead & build a world class engineering team. This position is for the Director of Product Engineering within Trundl’s Engineering team in India. You will have the opportunity to lead the Application Development team to deliver a world-class development tool collaboration ecosystem and contribute to developing exciting new products that fit within Trundl’s product strategy. This role will involve a lot of teamwork, and coordination with multiple stakeholders. The ability to handle complex relationships and work in a team environment is a key requirement.
Your broad responsibilities will include – owning the technical and commercial aspects of ongoing engagements, ensuring the ultimate success of projects, and developing deep expertise in Atlassian’s technologies as well as broad know-how around how solutions are developed using the Atlassian suite.
- Lead the strategy for developing productivity solutions using Atlassian or other technology applications.
- Liaise with stakeholders for requirements and then define plan to deliver in accordance with the product roadmap.
- Develop processes and maintain a technical roadmap for sustainable innovation from a technical standpoint.
- Manage the product and engineering resources to achieve the product goals.
- Develop and implement engineering strategies meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future product development.
- Suggest improvements to processes and methodologies to optimize the development process.
- Build a culture of incremental shipments, data-driven decisions, automation, documentation, and continuous feedback.
- Work with cross-functional leaders to craft a compelling vision and set quarterly goals to achieve them.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Development with at least 5+ years in leading a product engineering team.
- A degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Computer Science/IT.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Hands-on technical leadership with proven ability to recruit high performance talent.
- High technical credibility – ability to audit technical decisions and push for the best solution to a problem.
- Excellent team building, mentoring and coaching skills are must-haves.
- Experience building and supporting B2B Applications.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Git/Bitbucket, CI/CD tools (Jenkins & Bamboo), either as an administrator or owner.
- Sound knowledge of API usage, development & testing lifecycle.
- Experience in UI technologies such as Angular, React.js, Node.js or Full-stack environment will be preferred.
- Experience with SQL technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Knowledge in information security would be a plus.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- SAAS cloud-based platform exposure.
- Experience in utilizing public cloud footprints & Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- A track record of setting and achieving high standards.
- Strong understanding of modern technology architecture.
- Be highly process orientated and project driven.
Trundl is a Platinum Enterprise Atlassian Solution Partner with offices in the US, Canada, and India. Atlassian Partners provide strategic consulting and hands-on support to Atlassian’s 280,000+ worldwide customers.